Fat freezing has become one of the most popular techniques to reduce body fat. Approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the procedure involves the freezing of fat cells from the body. Unlike other fat reducing techniques, fat freezing can be done at home using the right devices. However, we suggest you to consult a doctor before using such machines.
In this post, MomJunction presents to you the best fat freezing machines.
What Is Fat Freezing?
Fat freezing, technically termed cryolipolysis, is a noninvasive method of fat reduction in certain body parts, including arms, thighs, stomach, hips, etc. The procedure freezes the fat cells by exposing them to cold temperature, thereby causing natural cell destruction. The dead fat cells are then eliminated by the body through its natural process.
A fat freezer is a device used to conduct cryolipolysis, also termed as cool sculpting. It is available for both commercial and household purposes. The device is attached to the targeted body part and produces gradual cooling to destroy the fat cells.
Fat freezing is an alternative to surgical treatments like liposuction.
Safety Tips While Using Fat Freezing Machines
While using any at-home fat freezing device, it is necessary to exercise some caution. Here are some safety tips:
- Use the device in recommended areas only.
- Make sure you do not have any underlying health condition that is not suitable for using the device.
- Read the instructions carefully before operating the device.
- Do not forget to apply the glycerin sheet between the skin and the device to protect your skin from cold burns.
- Use the device only for 30 minutes or 60 minutes as recommended by the manufacturer, on one area per session.
7 Best Fat Freezing Machines To Buy In 2020
1. Isavera Fat Freezing System
Designed as a simple waistband, the Isavera home-based fat freezing system claims to provide a safe and non-invasive way to reduce fat deposits in different areas of the body, including the stomach, buttocks, thighs, arms, back, etc.
It employs two different methods, namely fat freezing and cold thermogenesis, to eliminate body fat. While fat freezing causes fat cell destruction, the later helps in shrinking the fat cells, thereby leaving you with a well-toned and sculpted body. You can see visible results from the third week itself.
How to use Isavera Fat Freezing System
The fat freezing kit comes with a Neoprene belt, three specially formulated gel packs, a body fat caliper, measuring tape, and a hand massage tool.
- Before using the product, the gel packs should be frozen in a freezer.
- Once frozen, insert two packs in each packet of the neoprene belt.
- Tightly wrap the belt on the targeted area—belly, arms, or legs—where the fat is deposited.
- Remove the belt after 60 minutes.
- Clean the area, take the fat destroying hand massage tool, and gently massage the area for 2–3 minutes. This helps in breaking down the fat cells.
Use the fat freezer three times a week for at least 8–10 weeks for best results.
- Non-invasive method
- Scientifically-proven technology
- No side effects
- Safe on the skin
- No diet or exercise required
- Results are permanent and measurable
- 90-day money-back guarantee.
- A little expensive.
- Not recommended for people with certain health conditions like diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, poor blood circulation, etc
- May not be suitable for sensitive skin areas
2. Shape-N-Freeze Body Sculpting Fat Freezer System
The Shape-N-Freeze body sculpting system helps you get your desired shape with less effort. The fat freezer is home-based and can be used on various areas of your body, including arms, legs, belly, love handles, and back. The product claims to bring visible results in 4–6 months.
How to use Shape-N-freeze Fat Freezer
- The product comes with a hook-and-loop belt, fat measuring device, power adapter, and protective pads.
- Apply the protective sheet in the selected area to protect your skin.
- Wrap the freezer belt tightly around the area, and switch on the device.
- Use it for 30 minutes for toning the body and 60 minutes for removing bulges.
- After the specified time, gently rub the area for 3–5 minutes.
You need to wait for two hours before using the product in a different area. Do not forget to apply the protective sheet between the skin and the machine each time.
- Uses scientifically approved technology
- Results within three months of regular usage.
- Can be used in multiple areas
- Home-based and easy to use
- Safe and non-invasive
- No need for freezing the gel pads
- Only nine protective sheets are included. Additional sheets need to be purchased separately.
3. Fat Freezer Body Sculpting Treatment Kit
The patented Fat Freezer Body Sculpting treatment kit claims to show results with just one application a month. The at-home slimming device works by freezing the fat cells, breaksing them, and eliminating them through the body’s lymphatic system. The product claims to freeze and damage the fat cells without damaging the skin tissues and other surrounding areas.
How to use Fat Freezer Body Sculpting Treatment Kit
- The freezer kit contains a hook-and-loop belt, a power adapter, and ten glycerin protective pads.
- Place the glycerin sheet on the targeted area and wrap the belt around it.
- Switch on the device and leave it for an hour.
- Once done, remove the belt and gently massage the area for 2–3 minutes.
Repeat the process once every four weeks to get the desired results.
- Designed with scientifically approved technology
- One kit for multiple body parts
- Safe and easy to use at home
- No need to freeze the gel pads
- Only ten protective sheets are included in the kit. Additional sheets need to be purchased separately.
4. Isavera Arm Fat Freezing System
neoprene belt comes with inner pockets to carry the custom-formulated gel packs. The band fits the arm snugly, thus helping in targeting specific fat tissues. The gel packs reach an ideal temperature for destroying the fat cells.
The arm shaper wraps use two different methods to reduce stubborn fat—fat freezing and cold thermogenesis. The first method destroys fat cells, while the second shrinks cells. The arm fat freezer promises to show initial results in just three weeks and complete results in 12 weeks.
How to use Isavera Arm Fat Freezing System
The arm fat freezing kit comes with two Neoprene belts, eight dual-action gel packs, a body fat caliper, a measuring tape, and a hand massage tool.
- The gel packs should be frozen before every use.
- Once they are completely frozen, insert the packs in each pocket of the neoprene belt.
- Tightly wrap the belt on the arms where the fat is deposited.
- Wear it for 60 minutes.
- Once done, massage the area with the rolling massage tool for 2–3 minutes. This helps in damaging the shrunken fat cells.
Use the fat freezing system for an hour three times a week. Continue for 8–10 weeks to see complete results.
- Effective on stubborn arm fat
- Simple, easy-to-use, non-invasive device
- Results are permanent and measurable
- 90-day money back guarantee
- Not recommended for people suffering from diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, poor blood circulation, etc.
5. Fat Freezer Body Sculpting Machine Kit
The Fat Freezer Body Sculpting Machine works on the principle of Spa Cryolipolysis, which crystallizes the fat by exposing it to high temperatures, thereby eliminating the dead cells through a natural excretion process. The product claims to show results in two to four months of continuous usage.
How to use the Body Sculpting Machine
The body trimming kit includes a fat freezer device, a standard-sized belt, a fat measuring device, and a pack of nine protective pads.
- Select an area to use the fat freezer, and stick the glycerine sheet on the skin.
- Wear the fat freezer with the help of the belt for 30 or 60 minutes.
- Once done, remove it and gently massage the area for 3–5 minutes.
Use the product in the same area after three weeks for up to four months to achieve the desired results. For better results, follow a good exercise and diet regime.
- Less expensive compared to clinical procedures
- At-home kit for convenient use
- Results may not be instant
6. Igia Fat Freezer Platinum System
Theralight technology enables deep penetration, targeting hard-to-reach fat cells. Thus, the fat freezing technology combined with therapeutic theralight produces much-improved results. The product can be used on any body part below the chest area.
How to use Igia Fat Freezer Platinum Targeted Cold Cryolipolysis System
The body sculpting kit comes with one a fat freezer unit, a set of nine protective pages, one standard size belt, a fat measuring tool, and a diet and exercise plan book.
- Apply the protective sheet on the selected area.
- Wear the fat freezer unit for 30 or 60 minutes.
- Once done, remove it and gently massage the area for 3–5 minutes.
Use the device in the same area once every four weeks to get the desired results. In the meantime, you can use the kit on another body part.
- Can be used on multiple areas of the body
- Accurate targeting of problematic areas
- Zero downtime
- 30-day money back guarantee
- Dual technology for efficient functioning
- A bit expensive
7. Yotown Freeze Fat Removal Instrument
If you’re looking for a fat freezer that can be used on multiple body parts, then this Yotown Freeze Fat Removal Instrument is an ideal option. It can be used on your arms, legs, belly, back, flanks, and anywhere except your face. It freezes the fatty area to a point where the fat tissues within can be destroyed. It reaches a maximum cooling temperature of 5 °C.
Once the fat cells shrink, the body eliminates them through apoptosis or natural cell death. The device also helps in increasing the body’s metabolism, helping you to achieve the desired shape in less time.
How to use Yotown Freeze Fat Removal Instrument
This device comes with a fat-freezing device, a power cable, and a fastener belt.
- Tighten the fastener around the target area.
- Switch on the device and leave it for 30 or 60 minutes. Use it for 30 minutes for toning, and 60 minutes for reducing fat.
- Use it for 2–3 times a week for 4–8 weeks to get the desired results.
- Safe to use at home
- Limits your movement to some extent.
Do Fat Freezing Machines Really Work?
Though a recent entrant to the body shaping industry, fat freezing machines are known to reduce approximately 20 to 25% fat in the treatment area within three to four months of continuous usage.
Most of the fat freezing machines, either professional or home-based, work on the principle of cryolipolysis. Approved by the FDA, cryolipolysis is a non-invasive procedure that reduces stubborn body fat.
The machines work based on the finding that fat cells are more sensitive to cold temperatures compared to other body cells such as skin.
The FDA has approved selected areas on the human body to be treated with cryolipolysis. These include the abdomen, upper arms, thighs (inner and outer), flank or love handles, upper and lower back, and lower buttocks.
Once the fat freezing device is placed on the targeted area, the fatty bulge gets sucked into its hollow opening. The fat freezing process then begins by cooling down the fat layer to a target temperature of 3 ℃ to -1 ℃.
The extreme temperature freezes the fat cells causing cell damage. Responding to the damage, the immune system further kills the fat cells and eliminates them through a natural process. This might take one to three months, depending on the fat deposit.
Side Effects Of Fat Freezing
Since the fat freezing process is non-surgical, there are no significant harmful side effects. However, mild tingling, numbness, and swelling can be observed on the treatment site. These sensations are temporary and subside in a few hours.
Exercise caution while using a fat freezing device at home. Read the instructions carefully before use and follow them religiously. If you notice any other problems apart from temporary sensations, stop using the device and consult a doctor.
Advantages Of Fat Freezing Over Other Fat Reducing Techniques
Fat freezing has become one of the most widely used techniques for fat reduction in recent times because of the following reasons:
- Non-invasive, meaning no surgical incision is required
- Can be done in the comfort of your home.
- No risk involved
- Multiple areas of the body can be treated simultaneously
- No damage to the area around the targeted zone
- Fat reduction and elimination happens naturally
- Fat freezing sessions do not interrupt daily activities
- No long-lasting side effects
- Pain-free procedure
On the flipside, there are some limitations to using fat freezers.
- Not suitable for obese or overweight people
- Not ideal for people with skin conditions like cuts, injuries, dermatitis, varicose veins, skin lesions, etc.
- Not recommended for people with abnormal cold sensitivity or cold intolerance such as Raynaud’s phenomenon, cryoglobulinemia, paroxysmal cold hemoglobinuria, cold urticaria, cold agglutinin disease, etc.
- Not ideal for pregnant and breastfeeding moms
- Not suitable for people with nerve-related disorders, diabetic neuropathy, skin disorders like eczema, psoriasis, etc.
How To Choose The Right Fat Freezing Machine?
1. Buy a genuine product
While most of the fat freezing machines work on the same phenomenon, the market is flooded with counterfeit products. Hence, filter the genuine products from fake ones. Read the reviews on popular e-commerce sites, visit the product’s official website, or try to contact the company and talk to them. Check if there is any warranty or money-back guarantee on the product.
2. Check the technology used
There are two types of fat freezing machines—one that comes with gel pads, and the other that has a plug-in device. It is more about the convenience factor. The gel-pads-based device requires freezing of the gel pads before use, while the other can be used by plugging it to a socket.
3. Go for a multi-use device
Even if you purchase a fat freezer targeting one particular area of your body, choose a product that can be used on multiple body areas such as arms, thighs, flanks, buttocks, and belly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Is cryolipolysis effective for weight loss?
Cryolipolysis reduces body fat, but it does not guarantee weight loss. If a significant amount of fat is reduced from various body parts, then you can expect a decent weight loss.
2. Is cool sculpting permanent?
Removal of fat from the targeted area is permanent even though it takes a little time for the body to destroy and eliminate the fat from the body. After achieving the desired results with cool sculpting, maintaining a healthy lifestyle with proper exercise and diet is essential to avoid the recurrence of fat bulges.
3. What is the difference between liposuction and fat freezing?
Liposuction is a surgical method to remove fat from the body. Unlike fat freezing, it involves incisions on the problem area from where fat is suctioned through a surgical syringe. In fat freezing, fat cells are destroyed by exposing them to cold temperatures. The injured cells are further removed by the body through a natural process.
4. Is fat freezing expensive?
Fat freezing done in specialized clinics with professional equipment is quite expensive. However, it is a cheaper alternative to liposuction and other surgical fat removal procedures.
You could consider purchasing an at-home fat freezing device that is safe and convenient for personal use.
We hope this post helps you find an ideal freezing machine. And, here’s a pro tip from our end: “A healthy lifestyle with regular exercise and good diet always complements all other efforts to get a perfect and fit body.”
Disclaimer: MomJunction may earn a commission when products are purchased through affiliate links given in the article. However, this partnership does not influence the editorialcontent featuring in our list.