Babies love playing in the pool and splashing water. So, it would be a good idea to get them a good baby float. This way, you could spend more quality time with your baby.
Buying a baby float is quite easy when you know what you want. But if you are not sure of what to look for in a baby float, let MomJunction guide you with some handy tips.
What Is A Good Baby Float?
Baby floats come in all shapes and sizes. There is no lack of creative options when it comes to baby floats. But when deciding on one for your baby, you could keep the following points in mind.
Safety Provision: One can never take a chance with a baby in the water. When a baby is on a float, there are chances that the float can suddenly lose air or topple over. You can ensure your baby’s safety by opting for floats that come with good quality safety valves and dual inflation chambers. Also, look for a float that comes with an internal spring and a sturdy frame so your child can happily play on it without you worrying about their safety.
Sun Shield: While vitamin D is essential for little babies, it is not a good thing to keep them exposed to sunlight for too long. A baby’s skin is delicate and can easily suffer a sunburn. Hence, you can look for floats with a canopy or a sun-protecting roof.
Size: Floats are designed according to age groups. Buying a size bigger or smaller can put your child at risk as the float might not be suitable for your baby.
Remember, a baby float is not a replacement for the presence of an adult with the baby. Never leave a baby alone in the water, even for a few seconds or minutes.
Now that you know what features to look for in a baby float, have a look at some of the best baby floats available in the market.
13 Best Baby Floats
1. Swimways Baby Spring Float Sun Canopy
You can enjoy a leisure dip with your baby comfortably placed in this float. It is a great choice for those taking their baby to the pool for the first time.
Age: Nine months to two years
- It comes with a wide base so your baby can comfortably stay afloat.
- Its dual air chambers ensure double safety in case of air leak.
- The spring around the outer edge provides good stability in the water.
- It comes with a removable sun canopy that provides UPF 50+ sun protection.
- The transparent mesh on the sides of the canopy enables you to keep an eye on your child.
- It is lightweight and easy to fold, store, and transfer.
- It comes with a separate carry case for easy storage.
- It is available in three different color themes.
- A few buyers have complained that the outer ring deflates quickly.
- The canopy tends to fall repeatedly.
2. SwimWays Baby Spring Float Activity Center
This float is different from the rest because it comes with toys attached to the float. So, if your baby likes to be surrounded by toys, have a look at this float.
Age: Nine months to two years
- It comes with detachable toys such as a squeaker, a rattle, stacking rings, and a soft touch star to keep the child engaged.
- Its dual air chambers ensure that the child remains afloat even if one ring accidentally deflates
- The patented inner spring is designed to give better stability in the water.
- It folds easily and can be stored in the carry case that comes along with it.
- The canopy provides UPF 50+ sun protection.
- It is available in two design themes.
- Some buyers felt that the float sits too low in the water.
3. CHGeek Baby Pool Float
This innovative baby float has its sun-protecting shield designed in the shape of a shark’s upper jaw, while its lower jaw makes the base of the float.
Age: One month and above
- Teeth of the shark hold tiny bells for the baby to play.
- The float is made of skin-friendly material to avoid chafing.
- The leg holes are stretchable.
- It comes with a storage bag so the float can be easily folded and stored.
- It offers UPF 50 sunscreen protection.
- It features two safety hand grips.
- The seating area can be uncomfortable for some babies.
4. PEFECEVE Baby Inflatable Swimming Pool Float
Looking for a float to teach your baby how to swim? Then, look no further. This float is designed to allow your baby to learn basic swimming positions.
Age: Six months to three years
- It is made of durable leak-proof PVC material and conforms to the ASTM, CPC, and COA safety standards.
- Its adjustable straps, detachable swimming buoy, safety buckle, and bottom support help the baby to swim easily without slipping out of the float.
- The dual-layered airbag design provides higher protection in the water.
- It comes with a pump and tube for easy inflation and deflation.
- It can be used in swimming pools, beaches, and baby springs.
- A few buyers found the material flimsy and cheap.
- The strap might not be very sturdy.
5. Flyboo Baby Pool Float Swimming Ring
This cute unicorn-shaped float is a great way to get your baby accustomed to water before they can learn to swim.
Age: One to six years
- The float comes with four airbags, each with a separate valve for complete protection.
- The two handles at the side help your child stay stable on the float.
- Its safety ring enables you to keep the child within your reach.
- The thick-cushioned inflatable seat keeps your baby comfortable.
- The leg holes may be a tad big for tiny babies.
6. VQ-Ant Upgrade 3rd Generation Baby Solid Swimming Float
If you are tired of floats that leak air and fall limp in minutes, this non-inflatable float is suitable for your baby.
Age: Three months to two years
- Its non-inflatable pearl foam design removes any risk of air running out.
- The cloth covering is soft and not sensitive to the baby’s skin.
- The sun canopy is detachable, so the float can be used both outdoors and indoors.
- It can be used to help the baby try to learn to swim in two ways: backstroke and breaststroke.
- It is lightweight and comes with multiple straps and a buckle to keep your baby safe from slipping.
- The package comes with a waterproof handbag and three spray water toys, namely starfish, boat, and manta.
- The hanging loop makes it easy to dry and store the float.
- A couple of buyers stated that the buckle and straps were faulty.
- The price is on the higher end.
7. Iefoah Baby Pool Float with Canopy
Flamingos have always fascinated little kids. This pink flamingo-shaped float is sure to grab your baby’s attention.
Age: Six months to four years
- It is made of good quality, non-toxic PVC and comes with a seat with multiple holes for the legs. The cushion is soft and inflatable to keep your baby safe and comfortable.
- Its adjustable canopy offers full or partial cover, protecting your baby from the harsh UV rays.
- The flamingo’s wings at the side provide additional stability to the float.
- Its dual air chambers ensure better safety.
- The seat tends to tilt forward when fully inflated.
8. Peradix Baby Float for Pool with Canopy
This upgraded version of the original Peradix float ticks all the right boxes, if you are looking for increased safety and comfort features.
Age: Six months and above
- It is made of thick PVC that is waterproof and non-toxic.
- It comes with a wide base and an inflatable backrest so your baby can sit comfortably.
- Its side handles and safety seat ensure that your baby has a safe time in the pool.
- The removable 50mm canopy is fully adjustable and provides maximum shade to the baby.
- It comes with a steering wheel and honk.
- It comes with a repair patch to handle instances of accidental damage.
- It is available in three different colors.
- A few buyers found the canopy to be defective.
- The steering wheel and horn may lack durability.
9. Intex Stingray Ride-On Baby Float
If your baby is scared of water, this ride-on float might help you make your child get comfortable spending time in the water.
Age: One to two years
- It has two air chambers for added safety.
- It comes with a repair patch.
- Its inflatable canopy and handlebars ensure your baby’s safety.
- It comes with smooth leg holes.
- The canopy is not detachable.
10. Intex Recreation Froggy Friend Shaded Baby Float Toy
Keep your baby happy and cheerful in water for long with this adorable frog-themed float.
Age: Three to four years
- It has three air chambers for additional safety.
- Its inflatable sunshade keeps the baby cool and protected from the hot sun.
- Leg holes make it easy for baby to sit comfortably.
- Some customers have complained that the float does not stay inflated for long.
- The float may be a little unstable.
11. HANMUN Unicorn Float Sprinkler for Kids Sprinkler
If you want your baby to enjoy spending time in the pool, then get them this cute-looking float.
Age: Eight months to two years
- It has a wide base and smooth leg holes to keep your baby comfortable in the water.
- Its inflatable backrest and sun canopy keep the baby safe and cheerful in the water.
- Its bright color and the cute design on the cover make it attractive to babies.
- It is convenient to inflate and deflate the float.
- It is easy to fold and store.
- It comes with a steering wheel.
- A few buyers felt that it tips over too easily and that the seat should have been deeper to avoid such unsafe instances.
12. Baby Spring Float
No problem if your baby does not have a visor hat. This float with sun canopy will protect your baby from the sun.
Age: Nine months and above
- This pink float comes with pretty flower designs.
- Its wide base and low seat enable your baby to sit comfortably.
- Its adjustable sun canopy comes with mesh sides so you can keep a close eye on your baby.
- The package includes a storage bag so you can safely store the float when not in use.
- A few customers have complained about the poor durability of the mesh seat.
- The float may lack stability.
13. Poolmaster Learn-to-Swim Swimming Pool Float
If you are tired of the regular circular floats and want something different for your baby, then try this car-shaped pool float with sun canopy. It is designed to make babies comfortable in the water.
Age: Eight months to two years
- It comes with a drop seat and a lot of legroom so your baby can sit comfortably in it.
- Its multiple air chambers and oversized tires provide additional safety and better stability.
- Its adjustable sun canopy protects your baby’s skin when out in the sun.
- It comes with a steering wheel and horn
- It is available in different shapes and sizes.
- The material may come across as cheap, and the float may deflate easily.
A baby float keeps the baby safe in the water. However, an adult must always keep a close eye on the baby. These floats are not life-saving tools, but toys that ensure your baby has a good and safe time in the water with you. Floats help babies get accustomed to water so they can learn swimming easily and quickly, later.
These are some of our favorite baby floats. Which one did you like best? Share your choice with us in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: MomJunction may earn a commission when products are purchased through affiliate links given in the article. However, this partnership does not influence the editorial content featuring in our list.